1. Get plenty of sleep during finals week and especially the night before your exam(s)! You may be a night owl and run off of 4-5 hours of sleep per night, but you will be surprised how getting a good night sleep can make you feel! It has been my experience that getting a good night sleep can result in better focus, concentration, memory retention, attitude, and so much more!
2. Eat a good meal before your exam! How many of us have gotten to class or an exam only to find our stomachs growling? What happens? Well, for me, all I can think about is “When can I get some food!?” I’m not at all focused on class or the exam that I might be taking! When it comes to final exams, you need to be as focused as possible. So, eat a good meal before your exam! Also, if you get hungry quickly or if you have back to back exams, make sure to bring snacks to eat in between your exams.
3. Stay positive! Sometimes, a positive attitude can be all the difference between doing well and not doing well on an exam. You may know the material front and back from studying, but sometimes all you need to have is a little confidence in yourself and a positive attitude.
4. Don’t procrastinate! Let’s be honest, we’re all guilty of procrastinating from time to time. Maybe you have a big assignment, project, or test coming up, and you wait until the last minute to do it or study for it. You think that you have all of the time in world! Sometimes, this results in luck coming your way, and you do fine on the assignment, project, or test. However, I would say for the majority of the time, it results in us doing poorly on the assignment, project, or test. The worst feeling is knowing that we know that we could have done better with ample time and commitment, but we chose not to put forth the effort.
5. Do your best, nothing less! Let’s be honest, at the end of the day, final exams are a nightmare for the majority of us! None of us look forward to them. Sometimes, even with doing all of the right things, the results still do not turn out like we wish that they would. Maybe you pass the class, but didn’t get the grade that you had wished for. Maybe you didn’t do well at all, and you have to repeat the class. These situations can be tough spots to be put in. However, at the end of the day, if you know that you have done your best, you can proudly hold your head up high and be proud of your results, because you know that you put your everything into getting ready for this exam!
Two of our favorite food holidays fall during the month of March: National Peanut Butter Lovers’ Day and Pi Day! Hey - we’ll take any excuse to celebrate a day that involves food! Check out a list of both peanut butter and pie recipes we put together so you can celebrate too. And be sure to keep an eye on our social media for any upcoming events at The Palisades!
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, it’s hard not to get caught up in all the love of the season. Whether shopping for your Significant Other, your best friend, or your favorite four legged friend, we’ve got you covered! Check out the links below for plenty of ideas to make this Valentine’s Day the sweetest yet!